Incidentally, the dress is my baby blessing dress. I made the headband, lengthened the slip and then added the lace at the elbows and the bottem of the slip and the dress (for the layered look!.)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Evelyn's Baby Blessing
On November 8th, we blessed our newest little Evelyn Rose Ragsdale. She was perfect.
I waited until we actually got to church before putting her dress on to give her every opportunity of pooping through...but she didn't! She wore it the whole day and it stayed clean! yeah!
Incidentally, the dress is my baby blessing dress. I made the headband, lengthened the slip and then added the lace at the elbows and the bottem of the slip and the dress (for the layered look!.)
It was pretty much exquisite.
We had lots of friends and family come and join us and many came to our tiny little place afterward for dinner. I love full houses, but I did have to clean the carpets yesterday. Totally worth it though. Here is a fellow schoolmate of Lee's, Derek Hatch, and his little boy Micah who is Graham's age.
Lee gave the most beautiful blessing to her. Several people mentioned it and how the spirit was so strong. I am so grateful to have such a worthy priesthood holder to lead my home!
Incidentally, the dress is my baby blessing dress. I made the headband, lengthened the slip and then added the lace at the elbows and the bottem of the slip and the dress (for the layered look!.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a perfect day. You and little Evelyn both look exquisite. We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteBTW, have you talked to Liz lately?
Della managed to leak a wet diaper onto her dress, and i waited too long to get it dry cleaned so the lining is stained (it's silk) but the dress is still perfect! we couldn't find my blessing dress since it was in storage in TX, so my mom made one. it's a silk crushed velvet and looks beautiful! it's about as long as yours! you are such a good crafter, i love the lacey sleeves.
ReplyDelete