I didn't write last night, I got distracted by the biggest hail storm I have ever personally seen. I couldn't assess much late last night, other than our shattered car windshields, but with a flashlight this morning we were able to see that the back siding of the house is dented and paint scrapped away, as well as all the window screens torn. The noise was terrible, it sounded like someone was shooting our house. And the kids slept through it!
![]() |
| This little beauty came through the sun roof of the Tahoe. There is glass and water everywhere inside. |
![]() |
| a few choice specimens. We even found a dead bird on the front lawn. |


Our dear neighbor, Julio, said it well last night in his simple way, "Well, it could have been worse!"
For that, I am so grateful. Yes we will likely have to replace the roof, the window screens, do something about the house siding, fix the cars, and who know what else. Ironically I just sent the initial contract to our buyers yesterday morning.
But it could have been worse. We heard the storm hit my cousins, Chad and Bethany Packard, pretty bad. He posted a pic of the hail stone on Facebook, it was larger than a grapefruit, only the tips of his fingers showed around the edge as he held it. Their list is damages is staggering.
I am so grateful we are all well and safe.


No comments:
Post a Comment