Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quilting 101

So my sister in law had a work buddy who was prego and they gave a shower for her. Everyone signed patches for a baby quilt and then these squares got lost in the shuffle for a few months.
So now the baby boy is like 9 months old and my sister in law finds them in a drawer. She knows I am a bit of a seamstress and asks if i would like a project...naturally. But I have never done a quilt from beginning to finish by myself. In fact I think I have only ever tied quilts previous to this. So online i get to look for tips and things, I ask my mom and my VT companion, buy the stuff and try it out. It is far from perfect on closer inspection but it's not terrible for a first timer all alone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm scared of all things quilting but yours look fabulous. Though not as fabulous as Graham in the Easter Egg posting. What happened to his right hand by the way?

    ReplyDelete