Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I hope all of you wonderful mothers out there did too. My hubby is just of bestest! First, he made this seriously gourmet french toast breakfast.
We have this great recipe book, conveniently named "The New Best Recipe." It's from the America's test kitchen poeples. Anyway, it's a three inch thick book of recipes from the best way to bake a potato to you name it. They recommend using Challah, the Jewish Sabbath bread, for french toast. And then the batter is not just your eggs n milk. Seriously, it is amazing. Here is the recipe:

1 large egg
2 T butter, melted
3/4 c milk
2 t vanilla
1 T sugar
1/3 c white flour
1/4 t salt
4-5 slices challah bread, 3/4 inch thick

note...Lee and I ate a double recipe...all but 2 slices of that whole Challah loaf...gluttonous? no, delicious.

Then for dinner we had Salmon with a yummy mustard glaze, sweet potato/garlic/rosemary/Parmesan/happiness, and my one request...brochette! I could've eaten just that and been on cloud nine it was so good. Fresh herbs are the best. And then with a vase full of happy tulips and all the fresh fruit you could ask for...sigh

And to top it off it didn't end with Mother's day. Lee has stepped up somehow with his school load and been so sweet. Doing all the dishes, fixing breakfasts, vacuuming, even snuggling for no apparent reason! I am the luckiest gal around!

1 comment: