So my mom had been doing this little girls singing group for the past year. mostly they are little girls from the ward. when I moved in I helped her with it and we recently gave our final performances at local nursing homes and places. Anyway, I have been thinking as I have been in charge of so many little gals and realizing how far I have to go to be the kind of mommy I to be. That sounds bad- like I am mean right now or something- let me rephrase. I am finding more and more how much I learn about myself from little kids. They will test you in almost every aspect of your life: your creativity, imagination, patience, spirituality, knowledge you who knows what, your ability to run on very little sleep...I could go on. I have even heard that mothers are blessed with the interpretation of tongues! hehe! When I hear some little ones talking to their mommas I am amazed that the mom will then turn and say "well, she wants this" or "This is what he said."
So, back to the little singers. There is a lot of drama both with a bunch of little girls and their parents. The same set of words can take a hundred meanings and chances are someone is going to take offense. Thus, I have renewed some lifelong goals in light of wanting to be a better person in general, and be a better mommy in specific:
1) "What would Jesus do?"
2) "What would Miss Manners do?"
The order is important I think too. Jesus of course is the ultimate example of how to behave right and good. Miss Manner is also someone I look up to and try to learn from, she can even be polite when saying something reprimanding. awesome. So there you go, I am reading the scriptures and Miss Manners right now....and I would highly recommend both.
No comments:
Post a Comment