We had a great summer. Graham made some serious progress in the swimming department but i must give credit where due: Lee's determination and patience as a teacher, aaaaand my own excellent foresight in the purchase of some exceptional flotation devices (modeled by Eva below).
They are really quite ingenious, the floater foam comes in 1/4 inch thick sheets - there are about 5 in front and 5 in back - and you can remove individual sheets at they learn to swim better. This was the confidence boost that Graham needed and the motivation for Eva. (Before, she would just sit in her little floatie ring...just sit. Now she is kickin' around the pool with her arms angled out behind her like wings or something.)
So as we removed sheets from Graham's, he would get really excited about it. When we finally got down to one sheet in the back section, we asked him if he would like to try without the vest at all. He was totally jazzed! Here we are at the Ragsdales, his first unassisted swim, and he is learning to dive.
The pre-dive routine: Robot Arms - ready!
Robot Hands - prepped!
Together, we make a pretty cool robot!
(Check out my belly! I know the water makes it a little distorted, but I was really huge! I am a little over 7.5 months here.)
Here is Graham paddling with this fingers together....so we need to work on his finesse, but he is doing great!
I love grahams haircut and your prego belly in the water shot. your comment about the picture totally made me laugh when I saw it. Will is adorable! Post more pics of him. : )
ReplyDelete