Granted, a really big june bug. But a june bug, who had somehow gotten not only inside but on Graham's chair thus cornering him. You know how those nasty things have a really loud buzz and kinda flop around on the ground? Graham was trying to scramble up the back of the chair and just hollering. When I came in he somehow launched himself over the buzzing bug onto the floor by me and grabbed onto my legs. Now it so happened that he was still holding my un-picker thingy, and that sharp little bugger poked my in the bum! So here is Graham screaming and climbing my leg and I am screaming and dancing around holding Eva and so Eva started to get a little concerned. Meanwhile the june bug is flop-buzzing towards up (don't ask me how) and so I pick Graham up and we all run back and jumped on our bed. Our friend was still on the phone - though i have no idea how much he heard - and I tried to end the call quickly. In my fluster and haste, I said "Love you, bye." He later left a message on Lee's phone: "Uh, your wife said...I didn't know she cared so much." Anyway, I set the kids down and then crept out to find the bug alone. Was it gone? Strange. Then, something buzzed on my thigh and there is was! Scream-hop-skippity-jump back to the bed. We huddled there on the edge of the bed watching the filthy thing try and flip right side up. Summoning my momma strength and bravery, I grabbed a flip-flop. After the job was thoroughly completed, I got a piece of paper and had G watch me put the bug in the toilet. (My thinking: good closure. He is used to his poopy getting flushed away and never coming back. So now we are going to flush the bug away. Out of sight, out of mind right? I hope these bugs don't float...) Graham even flushed and said "bye bug." I explained that it was going away and never coming back. Graham looked at the toilet for a few moments before his terror broke through his curiosity. He ran from the bathroom crying, got his blanket and covered himself on the safety base of the couch. Eva and I came to comfort the quivering blanket and tried not to laugh to noticeably. Just then Lee called back and heard the story. I was still a little breathless from the encounter and and humor of the situation. When Lee got home he asked Graham where the big bug was...which sent Graham running for the cover of his blanket on the couch, much to amusement of my husband.Repercussions: Every night since, Graham has woken from was seems to be "big bug" nightmares. Last night, after over an hour of crying, I finally just put him on the couch.
oh estee this is too hilarious! i love it. poor graham...is he sleeping better?
ReplyDelete