Friday, September 4, 2009

"Embraceable You"

Back in January a lady in my ward (who was in the Primary Presidency and I was the Chorister) asked me if I would sing at her sons wedding reception. At that point we hadn't announced that we were expecting. Not wanting to ..."false advertise"...?... I hinted that I might look a little different by the time August rolled around. I agreed and she gave me a book of Gershwin songs to pick from.

I have never done anything like this before. I was in Woman's Chorus at BYU, I have sung duets and whatever in church, nothing ever alone, and nothing like this venue. I was a little nervous? She assured me it was very casual and only to pick a few songs. She said something very nice too; that I have a good voice and more people should hear me. Interesting since all she had heard was me teaching in primary.

It turned out even more casual then I had anticipated. The guy at the piano just improvised and followed me...we never met or even spoke before I picked up the mic. Lee videoed his favorite song here, but I am none too proud of the fact that I never looked around at the people. I should have just trusted the pianist and got over my nerves...live and learn I guess.


Good belly profile though! I think Lee was a little surprised, he had never heard me open up to me "real voice" and he put it and he liked it. And Graham thought I did well too. Warm fuzzies!

No comments:

Post a Comment