Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Progress...

I know it's been forev, but I am doing a lot of waiting around here...and that takes up a whole lot of time! Well, I have been doing a lot of reading too. I checked out about every book the library had on natural childbirth and VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) and anything else.

I have to admit that with Graham, I didn't prepare at all. I could make the excuses of being in school more the full time and working on top of that and stuff, but the truth is....I don't have any excuses. I didn't educate myself at all. I guess my thought process was something along the "well, my body knows what to do more then I do..." lines. Which, is true. But the hitch is where I didn't even know what to expect my body to do. Does that make sense? Sure I know the basic stages of labor and whatev, but I didn't know my options and how to get that wonderful birth experience I thought I had in my head. So, I am educating myself this time around. Retropectivly, I have come to blame the doctors and people from last time less because, well, they were just doing what they were trained to do. I used the system, I gave my consent...but It was my fault not being informed.

This time around I have a whole lot of information and opinions and "fight" under my belt. Less then a month ago, I changed care providors. My OB was only ever luke warm about my chances and opinions for VBAC and gosh dang it I need a cheer leader! She also wasn't willing to wait more then 2 days after my due date to scedule another c-seciton. So I found a group of midwives that work in a closer hospital and I am much happier. My ideal would be a home water birth honestly...I know, sounds extreme. But the more I research the more I find that points to just those things that I feel birth should be. Anyway, it isn't the wisest choice since I am VBAC, not until I know I can do it. This will be like a first baby for me a many ways.

Anway, my body is doing a whole lot more by itself this time too. My cervix is already softening and dialating (which is the main reason we waited 11 days over with Graham). I am much more active and proactive this time too. And then yesterday I lost my mucus plug! All good signs. Just pray that this girl comes on time!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I cant wait to hear how the VBAC goes so please post about it if you feel comfortable. So excited she is almost here! YAY! She will be so beautiful! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that...I'm up against that too this time around. I just set our blog to private so I need your email address if you want an invite. You can either leave me a comment or email me at amber.bowden@gamil.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! Informing yourself is definitely important. I think i may try unmedicated next time around, but this time not enough preparation for me. Glad you have better care now!!

    ReplyDelete