Friday, July 31, 2009

San Antontio Serenade

For my birthday, Lee and his parents got us tickets to go and the musical Wicked in San Antonio! Here is my small soapbox aside:

I am the one who introduced the music to all my family, roomies and friends and up until now I have been the only one not to have seen it yet! For heaven's sakes! Even my little sister had seen it. And my cousins went to New York without me....and stuff.

Anyway, I was ecstatic! It was the weekend after Lee got out of school and we left Graham with my parents and headed down that hot Saturday morning. The show was amazing, super, phenomenal, everything I wanted! And Lee, who had spent the previous weeks listening to the music and reading up on the storyline and who would come home humming "Popular", LOVED it too! It was such a blast.

We went to dinner and a well known Mexican restaurant down there and it was priceless! Lee need a big hat a cigar...
I mean, check out these decorations man! wow.

And food was great too...so full!
But prolly the best part were the trios of old men milling around with their guitars and singing to tables. One group came up to us and asked if we wanted a love song or a happy song. I said happy and Lee said love....so we got a happy-love-song! ....Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. hey! My birthday was the 22nd, and we saw wicked too in Tulsa!! Fun!! LOVED it. Can't believe i haven't seen it till now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um first of all... so fun to watch that video and your cute face lovin life! Secondly, just saw that Wicked cast here... did you not eat up that Glinda wit a guh- she was so much stinkin fun!! Chris liked it too. Good sign for things to come....

    ReplyDelete