Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just some news.

So the most exciting thing on my horizon is that my little brother gets released off his mission this Friday! My parents are going up to freeze for the weekend in Canada picking him and visiting a bit. I will be staying with my siblings for the weekend and planning a fun family party for Monday night when they get back. I think we are going to do a mini mock Christmas party. have a paper tree in the window, eggs benedict for dinner, presents for Austin, Christmas music, just be silly. i also thought we could do a kind of comprehensive holiday party: Easter eggs, green clover sugar cookies, 4th of July decor, thanksgiving turkey, Christmas tree, jack-o-lanterns, new years disco ball.....you get the idea. i think it sound so funny! i don't know. we'll see what i get done. Seriously, I am so excited! I get these little spasms of freak-out happiness when I think of Austin coming home!

Other then that...Lee is such a rockin' student. He just finished his G.I. class with an A ... which means...IBC root beer all around! yeah! I am so proud of him. He works so hard and cheerfully. Granted, it is still his first year and I know Liz will prolly roll her eyes. He comes home and jumps on the bike trainer for a hour and then helps with dinner and Graham. We read the good book and pray and then he hits the books again. It may seem redundant, but I am okay with our little routine.

Graham has just graduated to size 4 diapers. hehe! what an update. He also crowned his 7th tooth, the first top molar. His love right now is animal sounds. He knows the cow, duck, horse, elephant, monkey, rooster, dog, cat, alligator (who chomps!), lion, pig, and recently the snake! I taught him the S sound by imitating the hiss the bike pump makes! haha!

As for me, I hauled my parents old electronic keyboard over here to Fort Worth so I can regain my super skills. And I need another hobby. I got the new Pride and Prejudice sheet music and am also working on hymns and primary songs. I am also practicing my fluke again. I think I will bring it to primary and sing with the kids sometime. I spend large amounts of my days cleaning up after graham. I hurt my back in January and was pretty laid up. It is just now starting to heal. but in that time I spent a lot of time lying around watching Graham and was amazed at how much mess that little fellow made! Gracious. He is very busy. He loves helping me but doesn't get the clean up the toys concept. I think it seem useless to him, "Mom, I am just going to play with that again..." He is also very affectionate. Lee and I always Kiss after we pray and now Graham expects to be a part of that. As soon as we say amen he puckers up so hard his face gets red! And he won't let us off the hook - he won't eat or stop puckering until we have both kissed him. So the other day we had the missionaries over for dinner. After we had both kissed him, G turned expectantly puckered toward the elders....they were like, "uh, no thanks man." He will latch unto our pants and follow us around and if we are standing or sitting his is literally on top of us, on our feet or rolling around on our laps.

I just realized that my paragraph became Graham's again.

4 comments:

  1. An update worth the wait. We miss yous guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! So good to hear from you on your blog. You definitely should do the all-holidays party. And i want to see pictures!!

    graham sounds adorable as ever. :) we have to see you guys sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Maybe all of the Moffats have to kiss each other after we pray. Talk about a hilarious thing when we have a newbie around....that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks for the update! Looks like you guys are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete