It was a great day. For the first time since Will was born I really felt like I had things under control. It might have had a lot to do with that fact that the house was the cleanest it has been since then too;) Graham was going on week two of keeping his night time diaper dry - awesome. The night before I had finally resorted to moving Will into a pack n play out to the living room with a quilt over top to keep it dark and hopefully a little insulated from the sounds. Lee leaves at zero dark thirty and was under strict silence orders under pain of time out if he woke the babe. It worked like a charm. Will woke only twice to eat, which meant that everyone got a lot more sleep! I have noticed that my patience is directly linked to the amount the sleep I get. Thus, I was thoroughly cheerful and rested that day. Eva had finally to been showing some re-interest in sitting on the toilet so I set the timer for every thirty minutes. She went potty before breakfast and then after we ate I jumped in the shower. When I got out, Eva was no longer wearing her leggings (I hadn't put a diaper on her) and she said brightly,
"Hey mom! I just went poopi in my pants and then I put it in the toilet!"
"Whaaat...?" I said nervously, imagining all kinds of interpretations of this explanation. She brought me her leggings and I notice a little poopi on her legs and in her pants.
"Where's the poopi, Eva?" I ask, scanning the floor for brownness.
"It's in the toilet!" she says happily. "Yeah, it's in the toilet," Graham agrees.
"Really?" We all crowd into the tiny bathroom...
...sure enough. There's some poopi on the seat, but there's a lot in the bowl!! My panic and growing frustration are swept away by pure joy!! Eva must have started the process in her pants, but she then finished it in the proper place and even wiped herself! She actually did a remarkably good job too. She was saying something about washing her hands...that's her favorite part, isn't that great? I am not sure if she washed her hands by herself too or she wanted to do that next, but her hands were clean so I am inclined to think she did.
I was dancing. Cloud nine. Team Mom is UP!! Whoop-Whoop!
No comments:
Post a Comment