This was the first All Hallows Eve I have spent in Texas and I have learned a few things, thus the homily. So I'll share the morals...
1) Do not carve your pumpkins even a week in advance, stick to only a few days if that. In Utah, I lamented the fact that we could have carved our spooky jack-o-lanterns a lot earlier and enjoyed them more. Well, lets just say that I didn't take in to account the super humidity of this southern state and our three doorstep scaries were unrecognizable by Halloween night. Of course, you might consider black mold being scarier anyway...
2) Fog machines will set off your fire alarm.
3) Give away all of Grandma's Recipe Caramel apples or else you might as well apply it directly to your middle with a spatula.
I need to continue this later....
Yesterday I had as heated an argument as you could possibly have with the quietest/sweetest Japanese lady you could imagine as I tried to send her home with ALL of the caramel ed apples we had made with their family last night. She won so we gave two of them to our next door neighbor and now I just need to figure out what to do with the last two.
ReplyDeleteawe shoot, tough luck....
ReplyDelete