So about 2 weeks ago Lee and I were sitting quietly in our room when Graham was supposed to be napping. Suddenly we hear the door to his room open and the little man himself come strolling out as if you say "hey guys, what's up?"
Naturally we both screamed and laughed and freaked out. So I went and put him back in his bed and caught this on video.
Since, we have moved the little table and the stroller away from the bed. That stopped him for maybe two days, now he can climb in and out without any assistance.
This, however, has some benefits that I am trying to recognize over the fact that He is no longer under my control:
1) He can get up when he wakes up - until now he would just lay in there waiting...sometime for hours. I was never sure when he woke up from naps and things because he was so quiet.
2) He can go to bed by himself - the other day Graham was zooming around bouncing off things in his usual post dinner energy burst. Lee had also been playing with his so he was rather wound up...that's what still amazes me. Without pre-amble, I said, "Okay Graham, it's time to go to bed." He stopped, picked up his binky and plugged in, grabbed his blanket and swung it over his shoulder, and started for his room. I reminded him to go and kiss daddy goodnight and then followed him to his bed where he climbed in and rolled over with his favorite blanket corner. Now, previously he has rarely put up any fight when it is bedtime, he loves nap time and bed time...don't know how I managed that. But he is now getting all self sufficient and I am feeling a little lost...!
Teach me!
ReplyDelete